In this intensive five-day course, delegates will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver the HR practices professionally and efficiently whether they are HR Professionals or Line Managers who wish to ensure that their people get the most out of their working experience.
• Demonstrate & understand the key activities of HR to support the achievement of the organisation’s objectives • Recognize that managing people is a shared activity with Line Managers and HR • Identify and develop critical skills in crucial areas to ensure the right people in the right place at the right time • Develop people to their optimum capability • Illustrate & deal constructively with any performance/ behavioral issues at an early stage and ensure maximum contribution from all employees
Who Should Attend?
• Human Resource Professionals at team leader, supervisory and middle management level wishing to progress • Managers at all levels who wish to consolidate, refresh and reinforce their knowledge and skills • It will be ideal for delegates who are intending to move into Human Resource management after a period of experience in line management • Line Managers wishing to develop a more thorough understanding of the key Human Resource practices so that they can manage their team more effectively
Day One: The Foundation: Effective Recruitment & Selection
• The role of effective Recruitment and Selection in helping the business achieve its objectives • Creating job descriptions, person specifications and competencies required to prepare for the process • Combining selection techniques to achieve better predictive accuracy • The differences between biographical, critical incident and criteria based interviewing • Plan & conduct a ‘fair’ interview and other assessments • Arriving at a considered decision
Day Two: Talent Management & Succession Planning
• What is Talent Management? • Recruiting & Selecting Talent • Onboarding Talent • Role of Employee Engagement and fostering it • Development of Talent – tools, and techniques • Succession Planning – tools and techniques
Day Three: Training & Development
• The key role of Learning to the success of the organization • Identifying Learning Needs & Learning Styles • Training and Development Solutions • Coaching and Mentoring • Management Training • Leadership Training
Day Four: Performance Management
• The Performance Management Cycle • Setting Objectives and Performance Standards • Holding Effective Review Conversations • Giving and Receiving Feedback • Causes of Poor Performance & Dealing with Poor Performance • Performance Management and the Disciplinary Process
Day Five: Motivation, Reward & Incentives
• Problems of Understanding Motivation • Theories of Workplace Motivation • What’s Wrong with the Theories • Which Rewards Do People Value? • What Makes People Committed? • Employee Engagement
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).