This highly informative new seminar presents an opportunity for delegates to update and further develop their understanding of effective HR Administration. Delegates will learn all about the necessary personal attributes, company processes and various support systems employed to successfully perform the role competently.
• Describe the work and structure of a modern personnel (HR) department • State why accurate and accessible HR records and processes are essential • Describe the steps involved in administering a recruitment campaign • State the HR requirements for the induction of a new employee • Describe the uses of different selection and recruitment tools • Help to plan and administer performance appraisals • Contractual difference and the reasons behind them. • State the benefits of having an HR Strategy and long-term HR Plan
Who Should Attend?
• Managers who wish to experience the see the added value HR can contribute to an organization • Professionals who have an interest in the relationship between Human Resources and improving the performance of people. • Managers considering a new career or sabbatical in HR and seeking a comprehensive overview of the Administrators role and responsibilities. • Human Resource consultants who wish to update their knowledge need to attend this informative seminar • Human Resource Staff or HR Administrators wishing to refresh their knowledge of the role.
Day One: An overview of the HR function
• Roles and Responsibilities of the Human Resources Administrator • Typical HR department structures • Centralised versus distributed HR • The HR service center concept • Where the department fits into the organization • HR jobs and systems • Qualifications and professional study
Day Two: Working with Employees and Job Analysis
• Terms and Conditions of Employment • Rights and obligations of employers and employees • Health and safety • Complying with employment law • Job Analysis • Developing Job Descriptions and Person Specifications • The use and application of Job Analysis information
Day Three: Recruitment and Selection
• HR Planning • Recruitment process • Recruitment sources and methods • Selection process • The Application and CV’s • Assessment and development centers • Aptitude tests • Psychometric profiling • Reference checking and screening, Contracts and offers
Day Four: Training and Development
• Introduction to Training and development • Training Administration • Induction and basic job training for new employees • The science of adult learning • Learning styles • The Training co-ordinator • The Training cycle • Validation and Evaluation
Day Five: Performance Management and the Administration of Pay
Introduction to Performance Management The Performance Appraisal Administration requirements Links to a salary increase and bonus The pros and cons of performance appraisals Pay and reward, compensation and benefits Salary structures Payroll administration Personal action planning
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).