A training course to provide participants with an integrated view of the telecommunications industry: from its technological and network evolution, to its major drivers and key stakeholders. This course will also look at the industry’s structure and important current issues, as well as trends and the future of the industry. It will also demystify the key terminology and acronyms used in telecommunications.
• Present an integrated view of the telecommunications industry • Provide the fundamental concepts of telecommunications networks and technologies • Decode the language of telecommunications • Review key current issues and trends in telecommunications
Who Should Attend?
• Telecommunications and other industry professionals looking to increase their personal and professional success by gaining a comprehensive view of the telecommunications industry
Evolution of telecommunications technologies
“Voice is king” – Developing the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
• Associated technical concepts: transmission, switching, numbering, signaling, dedicated lines, CPE, Analog vs. Digital
“The rise of the data” – Developing the Public Switched Data Network (PSDN)
“Wireless gives wings for mobility” – Developing the Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN)
• Associated technical concepts: antennas and towers, 2G, 3G, 4G mobile and beyond, Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN), roaming
“The revolution” – TCP/IP and the Internet
• Associated technical concepts: OSI & TCP/IP models, addressing, special services supporting IP
“A new world – Convergence” – Developing the NGN
• VoIP • Signaling • Numbering/addressing • Quality of Service (QoS) • Security • IP internetworking • Broadband – “The new king on the block” • Convergence – “All services on one network” • Devices • Triple and quadruple plays • Mobile content services • Television • Other services
• Policy-making, regulation, operation • Key participants • Governments • Regulators • Operators • New entrants • Other service providers • Equipment manufacturers • Businesses and consumers
Telecommunication standards organizations
• Introduction • Current hot issues • Major drivers • Global market evolution and trends • Challenges, impacts, and opportunities in the telecommunications industry • The future of telecommunications
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).