* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
The VoLTE Overview course describes in a comprehensive – yet easily understandable – way how the IMS-based voice service is realized in LTE/EPS networks. The course explains SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), describes the IMS nodes and architecture and how LTE/EPS serves as an IP-CAN (IP Connectivity Access Network) as described in 3GPP specifications and GSMA (GSM Association) documents. The course also outlines how IMS interworks with other networks, e.g. for fixed and mobile traditional circuit-switched telephony. Throughout the course, message-level signaling flows are shown to illustrate various traffic cases, procedures and scenarios.
What Do Participants Learn?
VoLTE Overview is an intermediate level technical training focused on GSMA IR.92 IMS Profile for Voice and SMS over LTE. VoLTE is presented in the broad context of existing multi-RAT mobile systems. Hence, the training explains not only IMS architecture and procedures but also integration of VoLTE with the existing network infrastructure and services (including CSFB and SMSoSGs).
Who Should Attend?
This training is an excellent choice for engineers and managers who are already familiar with LTE and are beginning to introduce VoLTE in their network.
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
3GPP System Overview
· 2G and 3G radio and core networks
· LTE/EPS nodes, architecture and mode of operation
· IMS architecture and motives for IMS
· CS and PS voice scenarios
SIP – Session Initiation Protocol
· SIP nodes and network architecture
· User Agent, Proxy Server, Registrar and Location Service
· SIP Identities
· SIP Methods – requests and responses
· SDP, RTP and RTCP
· SIP Traffic Case
IMS – the IP Multimedia Subsystem
· Multimedia over IP using SIP
· IMS nodes and architecture
· IP-CAN, CSCF (Call Session Control Function), HSS (Home Subscriber Server) and AS (Application Server)
· IMS subscriber identities
· Basic IMS traffic cases; Registration and Invitation
Attach and PDN Connection Setup in LTE/EPS
· IP-CAN: How the terminal connects to IMS
· Different EPS Bearers: Default vs Dedicated Bearer
· LTE Attach for IMS
· PGW selection and PDN Connection to IMS
The IMS Profile for Voice and SMS
· GSMA PRD IR.92
· Requirements on UEs and networks
· Call setup traffic case
· Multimedia Telephony (MMTel)
Policy and Charging Control (PCC)
· PCC principles – what is it that PCC does?
· Sessions, Bearers and Service Data Flows (SDF)
· PCC nodes/functions (PCRF, SPR, AF and PCEF)
· PCC for VoLTE
VoLTE Roaming and Interworking
· Some Roaming and Interworking Scenarios
· Local breakout vs home routed traffic
· Interconnect scenarios
IMS Interworking with CS Networks
· CS Fallback
· SRVCC principles
· Breakout to CS Domain: roles of ENUM, BGCF, MGCF and IM-MGW