* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
A 10-day Training Program to provide participants with a strong understanding of Global System for Mobile (GSM) technology, and with the basic knowledge, tools, and methods to plan, design, deploy, and manage GSM networks
What Do Participants Learn?
• Explain the principles of telecommunication services supported by a GSM Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN) • Provide an understanding of all structural and operational aspects of GSM networks • Present the technical and technological aspects, basics, and fundamental techniques of a second-generation mobile system (2G), with the different approaches and methods used in the planning, design, and deployment of GSM networks • Explore the architectures, protocols, procedures, signaling principles, radio propagation basics, features, link budget calculations, traffic engineering basics, system engineering considerations and security management of GSM • Describe the introduction of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) into the GSM world
Who Should Attend?
• Telecommunications managers and personnel responsible for the design, planning, deployment, and management of GSM networks • Managers looking to complement their skill-set by gaining a good understanding of GSM network technology
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
GSM services and features
GSM system architecture
Base Station Subsystem (BSS)
Network Switching Subsystem (NSS)
Overview of GSM interfaces
• Air interface: Mobile Station (MS) – BSS
• Abis interface: BSS – Base Station Controller (BSC)
• A-interface: BSC – Mobile Switching Center (MSC)
• Proprietary M-interface
• Mapping of A, M, Abis and Um-interfaces
Roaming and call routing
GSM operation scenarios
Radio propagation basics for GSM
Free space propagation workshop
Radio mobile propagation workshop
Empirical models workshop
Antennas for GSM
Basic principles of traffic engineering for GSM
GSM link budgets and high-level system design
Optional background material for GSM
Overview of wireless security requirements
GSM security review
GPRS security review
Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) security review