A 5-day training course that will introduce participants to the key telecom technologies available to businesses today, including IP-based networks and services, cellular and Wi-Fi networks, unified communications, and cloud services. The course will also explore the phenomenon of BYOD and review mobility management solutions
• Gain a high-level understanding of the telecom technologies available to businesses today • Discover the potential advantages and benefits of telecom technologies • Develop critical thinking in relation to the multitude of technological offers available in the market
Who Should Attend?
• Managers responsible for their organization’s telecommunications requirements who need an all-around understanding of current telecom technologies • Managers and professionals with an interest in learning about telecom technologies
• Key concepts of voice and data transmission • Access versus core • Private networks versus public networks • Global public communications networks o PSTN o Internet
Data networks and services
• Packet switching versus circuit switching • LAN versus WAN • Data transmission services o Dedicated services o Frame Relay o LAN extension o IP-VPN (MPLS) • VoIP – the convergence of voice and data
• Traditional voice systems and services o Key systems, PBXs, Centrex • IP-based and converged systems and services o Key systems, IP-PBXs, IP-Centrex o SIP trunking o Residential IP telephony • Principal equipment and services vendors in Canada
• Definition and advantages • Issues • Vendors and solutions
BYOD and mobility management
• The ‘consumerization’ of technology • Impacts of BYOD – device proliferation, the ‘always available’ employee,
security, policy issues
• Mobility management solutions
• Overview • Advantages and disadvantages • Vendors and services
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).