Strategic quality management is the process of establishing long-range customer-focused goals and defining the approach to meeting those goals. This course is suitable for those wishing to build a professional career in Quality and Business Improvement, as well as experienced professionals who want to develop knowledge, understanding and business management and skills in Quality and Business Improvement. It will lead to an advanced qualification that will support your practical industry knowledge.
• Identify quality management concepts and mandates. • Define quality strategic planning and control process and its main components. • Define strategic quality management and draft a quality strategy plan. • Use the strategy of the organization to determine Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). • Convert a strategic plan to an operating plan. • Draft a quality department balanced scorecard.
Who Should Attend?
• Quality managers • Who is involved in influencing, formulating or supporting the long-term planning and strategy of the quality department and/or organization • Who is responsible for linking, measuring and improving the performance of others • Employees who are targeted for development/promotion within the quality function
Day One: Strategic Quality Management and Strategic Thinking
• Quality Evolution and Concepts • Evaluation of Strategic Management • Strategic Thinking versus Strategic Planning in Quality Departments • The Strategic Planning and Control Process • Benefits of Strategic Management to the Quality Professional
Day Two: Analysis of the Environment
• Situation Analysis Tools in Quality Departments • Defining Quality Visions and Missions • Setting Quality Strategic Goals • Identifying Critical Success Factors in Quality • Key Result Areas and Key Performance Indicators • Core Competencies and Core Values
Day Three: Goals, Objectives and Creative Strategies
• Goals, Objectives, and Targets for the Quality Division • Financial versus Non-Financial Objectives • The Use of Key Result Areas in Quality Sector • Adopting Effective Strategies to Achieve Excellence • Examples of Quality Department Strategies
Day Four: Developing Operating Plans
• From Vision to Action Plan • The How-How Technique to Develop Quality Related Initiatives • Criteria for Effective Action Plans • Linking Goals, Strategies, Action Plans and Budgets • Developing a Quality Department Plan
Day Five: Measuring Quality Management Strategy Achievement
• Approaches to Control in Quality • Using Key Result Areas (KRAs) to Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Process Control • Setting Targets • The Balanced Scorecard for the Quality Department
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).