Professionals have a strategic role leading communications with stakeholders both inside and outside their organisation. It is they who ensure stakeholders understand their vision of the future and who motivate and coordinate the behaviours that lead to transformation. This workshop explores solutions to the communications challenges leaders currently face.
• Improve stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills • Assess brand and reputation, ensuring they are consistent, understood and valued by stakeholders • Develop shared understanding of organisational mission, vision, values and business objectives • Use communication activities to win employees’ understanding of and commitment to change and transformation • Effectively guide team members and PR professionals in developing communication strategies and plans that support business objectives.
Who Should Attend?
• Managers • Professionals and leaders • Who wish to learn more about the communication challenges currently facing their organisations and improve management of communications within their teams.
Day One: Leading Communications
• Relational leadership: influencing and inspiring through relationships • Building trust & credibility: integrity, likeability & perceived expertise • Guiding stakeholder communications: interpreting strategic issues & providing strategic guidance • Inspiring, influencing and persuading through storytelling • Focus on the triple bottom line: economic, environmental & social performance
Day Two: Communicating during Change
• Ethos and desire: communicating compelling visions that change corporate culture • Walk the walk, talk the talk: the leader’s role during change • Commitment from senior managers: creating a coalition of committed communicators • Transparent communications & reputation risk management
Day Three: Focusing Communication Efforts
• Aligning communications strategy with business objectives • Structuring communications to support a high performance culture • Delivering real benefits from communications: engaged audiences, effective organisation, improved productivity • Managing resources efficiently: people, technology & budgets
Day Four: Engaging Employees
• Engaging & empowering employees: effective communications within organisations • Turning managers into effective communicators: capabilities, core competencies and performance • Engaging hard to reach employees: call centres, remote offices, field engineers, sales people • Helping new employees settle in and feel part of the organisation
Day Five: Brand Management
• Corporate identity, image & reputation, vision, mission & values • Building competitive advantage and business through branding • Sharing the investment story: Investor relations and financial PR • The leader’s communication role during crises • Developing a personal action plan
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).