* All fees are exclusive of vat
** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
Communication is one of the organizational functions that help a company to stay efficient and productive. One of the more important forms of organizational communication is inter-departmental communication, the Institute for Public Relations notes. The importance of communication between different departments in an organization becomes most evident when communication breaks down. Implementing policies to strengthen inter-departmental communication help to underscore its importance and maintain an efficient flow of information.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Identify the framework of interdepartmental communication. • Discover and practice excellent internal customer service. • Take a proactive approach to simplify work processes and flow between work units. • Remove interdepartmental communication barriers and resolve the conflict. • Develop a plan for enhancing organizational communication.
Who Should Attend?
• Managers • Supervisors • Executives • Team leaders or project leaders • All professionals who interact with other departments, teams or business units
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Section One: Organizational Communication
• Upward, Downward and Horizontal Communication • Organizational Culture and its Effect on Performance • Organizational Hierarchy • Formal and Informal Communication and Their Uses • Organizational Values and Attitudes • Barriers that Impede Effective Interdepartmental Communication
Section Two: Internal Customer Service
• What Is Internal Customer Service? • Benefits of Excellent Internal Customer Service • Organizational Silos and Ways to Overcome Them • The Service Quality Factors • Handling Internal Customers’ Complaints • Clarifying Individual and Departmental Roles in Building Rapport with the Department and between Departments
Section Three: Simplification of Work Processes between Departments
• Signs of Complicated Processes and Procedures • Stages of Simplifying Work • Work Flow Techniques • Work Breakdown Structures
Section Four: Interdepartmental Team Building
• Removing the Us-Against-Them Mindset • Team Cohesiveness • Team Building Models and Applications • Integrating Departmental Efforts towards Organizational Goals • Removing Power Struggles • The Power of Synergy • Creating Alignment within the Different Units
Section Five: Resolving Interdepartmental Problems and Conflicts and Efficient and Effective Organizational Communication
• Identifying Departmental Problems • Causes and Effects of Problems • Resolving Interdepartmental Conflict • Negotiating a Win-Win Settlement • Techniques for Resolving and Preventing Problems • What is Effective Organizational Communication? • Eliminating Communication Overload and Ensuring Smooth Flow • Information Richness of Different Channels • Signs of Inefficient Communication • Choosing the Right Communication Medium