* All fees are exclusive of vat
** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
This highly interactive and fun training course enables you to examine today’s communications environment looking afresh at how we establish and defend our reputation, help deliver business goals and influence government, critics and consumers. In a time of rapid technological and social change any organization must continually appraise the changing needs of its stakeholders, the shifting priorities in its environment and the tactics that it uses to influence key stakeholders.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Develop increased skill in writing and editing for print and the web • Learn how to write a clear PR/Communications brief • Learn how to develop an electronic PR/Communications Centre • Develop crisis media management techniques • Perfect media interview techniques and briefing skills • Develop personal communications effectiveness
Who Should Attend?
• PR and Communications practitioners who want to update their skills • HR professionals who have communications roles • Managers who want to add high-level communications skills to their personal portfolios
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Section One: The Complete PR and Communications Professional
• Introduction and welcome • Goal setting for the seminar • The role of Communications and PR in the organization • Identifying what top management wants • Assessing your PR environment • Understanding the range of media and channels
Section Two: A Problem Solving Approach
• Exploring communications models and their implications for practice • The psychology of effective communication • A problem-solving approach to PR • Taking and interpreting communication briefs • The art of influence and persuasion • Listening and emotional intelligence
Section Three: Getting Your Message Heard
• Choosing channels – matching media to tasks and stakeholders • Planning brilliant campaigns • Project management • Risk management • Time management • Delivering business results demonstrated by evaluation
Section Four: Keep it Social
• The changing world of relationships in the age of social media networks • Improving the power of communications in the organization • Measuring communications effectiveness • Using measurement to improve performance • Crisis communication • Reputational and e-reputation management
Section Five: Putting it all together
• Planning your career and personal development • Managing up and increasing your personal visibility • Networking and effectiveness • Team working and your personal effectiveness • Time management and work planning • Summary and Conclusion