* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
The course will discuss construction management principles, practices, techniques, tools and risk and Management in construction projects to provide participants with an opportunity to learn key project management concepts and risks. While project management principles can be applied to projects across different engineering disciplines, this course particularly emphasizes construction projects.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Understanding the project risk management • To learn construction management concepts and techniques required for managing large and complex construction projects. • To appreciate the complex technical and managerial challenges in managing construction projects, and to learn effective methods for addressing these challenges. • To be acquainted with the role of project management methods in enhancing and optimizing construction projects.
Who Should Attend?
• Managers • Project Administrators • Engineers • Superintendents • Cost Estimators • Anyone interested in developing their performance in construction management and risk management
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
• Overview of project management • Project life cycle • Characteristics of construction projects • Project management processes • Project roles and organization structure • Project stakeholders
• Purpose & types of estimates • Techniques for early estimates • Preliminary and detailed cost estimating • Cost components • Economic feasibility analysis
• Estimating total project cost • Defining schedule and budget baseline progress curves • Project monitoring & control: • Measuring and Analyzing
• Earned-value analysis • Reporting project progress • Assessment of cost and schedule deviations/performance • Forecast project progress/cost at completion
• Managing risk • Risk Management System • Benefits of Project Risk Analysis and Management • Sources of risk • Risk as an opportunity
• Value management & risk • Behavioral and cultural factors • Environment & stakeholders • Compiling the Risk Management Plan • Risk identification and risk assessment • Quantitative methods for risk assessment
• Planned responses to risk • Risk registers & their operation • Risk ownership • Quality & quality management • Scheduling, planning & work definition