* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
This training course provides advanced knowledge in project strategy and of all the essential developmental stages of a project. As well as running the project, this program builds on essential leadership skills which will enable delegates to successfully manage and motivate their project teams and establish systems to monitor and evaluate projects.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Explore the role and function of strategic project management • Recognise what is entailed in the planning and scope of the project • Recognise the challenges in building, managing and motivating the project team as well as the skills needed to lead a team. • Understand how to effectively manage risk in projects • Utilise project management tools and techniques • Recognise how and why projects fail and the lessons learned from the business world
Who Should Attend?
• Managers • Executives • Project managers and project directors, project team members wishing to move into project management roles, project planners and technical and engineering staff wishing to develop skills in managing projects. • Operational staff with a basic understanding of project management tools and techniques
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Section One: Project Initiation and Execution
• Preparing to start the project • Getting work done • Capturing progress and status • Forecasting future work
Section Two: Building successful project teams
• Leading a successful project • Communication and group decision making • Cross-functional teams • Roles within a team • Team motivation
Section Three: Project Variance and Control
• Performance metrics • Understanding what causes variance • Taking corrective action to overcome variance • Managing change, quality, and risk
Section Four: Project Budgeting
• Budgeting in project management • Cost estimating • Cost budgeting (Direct and Indirect costing) • Project schedule and cost baselines • Personnel budgeting
Section Five: Risk Monitoring and Control
• Assessing project risks • Developing strategies to mitigate risk