Communication is one of the organizational functions that help a company to stay efficient and productive. One of the more important forms of organizational communication is inter-departmental communication, the Institute for Public Relations notes. The importance of communication between different departments in an organization becomes most evident when that communication breaks down. Implementing policies to strengthen inter-departmental communication help to underscore its importance and maintain an efficient flow of information.
• Identify the framework of interdepartmental communication.
• Discover and practice excellent internal customer service.
• Take a proactive approach to simplifying work processes and flow between work units.
• Remove interdepartmental communication barriers and resolve the conflict.
• Develop a plan for enhancing organizational communication.
Who Should Attend
• Team leaders or project leaders
• All professionals who interact with other departments, teams or business units
Course content Day One: Organizational Communication
• Upward, Downward and Horizontal Communication
• Organizational Culture and its Effect on Performance
• Organizational Hierarchy
• Formal and Informal Communication and Their Uses
• Organizational Values and Attitudes
• Barriers that Impede Effective Interdepartmental Communication
Day Two: Internal Customer Service
• What Is Internal Customer Service?
• Benefits of Excellent Internal Customer Service
• Organizational Silos and Ways to Overcome Them
• The Service Quality Factors
• Handling Internal Customers’ Complaints
• Clarifying Individual and Departmental Roles in Building Rapport with the Department and between Departments
Day Three: Simplification of Work Processes between Departments
• Signs of Complicated Processes and Procedures
• Stages of Simplifying Work
• Work Flow Techniques
• Work Breakdown Structures
Day Four: Interdepartmental Team Building
• Removing the Us-Against-Them Mindset
• Team Cohesiveness
• Team Building Models and Applications
• Integrating Departmental Efforts towards Organizational Goals
• Removing Power Struggles
• The Power of Synergy
• Creating Alignment within the Different Units
Day Five: Resolving Interdepartmental Problems and Conflicts and Efficient and Effective Organizational Communication
• Identifying Departmental Problems
• Causes and Effects of Problems
• Resolving Interdepartmental Conflict
• Negotiating a Win-Win Settlement
• Techniques for Resolving and Preventing Problems
• What is Effective Organizational Communication?
• Eliminating Communication Overload and Ensuring Smooth Flow
• Information Richness of Different Channels
• Signs of Inefficient Communication
• Choosing the Right Communication Medium
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).