* All fees are exclusive of vat
** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
This course designed to provide a broad understanding of the issues facing the international oil and gas industries and the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively identify and tackle these issues. In addition, the seminar will also provide the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare the attendees for more senior responsibilities within their organizations
What Do Participants Learn?
Gain a broad in this industry
Learn about the important issues facing our industry and strategies used to address these issues
Gain specific skills in strategic planning, setting goals, budgeting, and finance
Understand the management and allocation of resources (money, time, people, tools, and technology)
Develop an understanding of the derivatives markets and an awareness on hedging risk
Understand and compare international fiscal systems
Understanding of the petroleum industry and the companies that produce
Learn about the geopolitical issues surrounding global oil and gas supply and transportation
Who Should Attend?
Engineers engaged in the oil and gas industry
Who are interested in the field
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Section One: Overview of the Oil & Gas Industry
• Origins and formation of fossil fuels • Chemistry and characteristics of petroleum • Exploration for oil and gas • Oil & gas production • Global oil supply and reserves • Reserves, estimation, and evaluation
Section Two: The Supply Chain
• The Oil and Gas supply chain • Logistics – Transportation and Storage • Adding Value – Refining • Refined product, specifications • Natural Gas processing • Sales and marketing of Refined products and Natural Gas
Section Three: Energy Trading and Economics
• Oil & gas economics • Energy trading and commodities • Crude oil production and lifting costs • Crude Oil pricing regimes and strategies • Trading (I) – Real and liquid markets • Trading (II) – Derivatives, futures, options, and swaps
Section Four: The Future of Fossil Fuels
• Petroleum – consumption, supply, and demand • Future prospects for the oil & gas industries • Peak oil – trends and consequences • Financial and energy risk management • Risk management and hedging • Risks for oil and gas companies
Section Five: Strategic Analysis for the Oil & Gas Sector
• IOC & NOC strategic interests and competitive advantage • Contracting strategies for the oil and gas industries • Strategic value analysis for competitive advantage • Strategic analysis for the oil & gas sector • Project appraisal from a strategic perspective • Geopolitical risks and opportunities