* All fees are exclusive of vat
** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
The international oil and gas business is both capital intensive and technically complex. Its value chain is fraught with potential risks and uncertainties both in the upstream and downstream sectors. Traditional oil and gas companies have to conduct their business with escalating levels of complexity and increasing competition. Innovative technologies such as enhanced oil recovery, oil/tar sands, and other unconventional fossil fuels particularly the shale oil boom and hydraulic fracturing are changing the landscape of the industry.
What Do Participants Learn?
Gain a broad perspective of the global oil business: supply, transportation, refining & trading
Boost your fundamental analysis of the oil business: quality, blending & valuation of oil for trade, freight and netback and refinery margin calculations, vessel chartering, pipelines & terminals, etc.
Understand oil market forwards, futures and hedging
Learn the technical, commercial, legal, and environmental aspects of the oil and gas business
Appreciate the causes and impact of the recent price volatility in crude oil and natural gas markets.
Recognize the cause and effect of unconventional oil and gas on the industry from a financial and environmental perspective.
Who Should Attend?
Business Development Managers
Personnel needing to gain or improve their knowledge and understanding of crude oil and petroleum products trading and pricing mechanisms
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Section One: Global Oil Supply Fundamentals
• Introduction to the course • The essence of International Oil Supply – Global Reserves, Production & Trade • OPEC & EIA / NOC’s & IOC’s • Oil and Gas Value Chain (I) • Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Geology and Petroleum Engineering
Section Two: Crude Oil Refining and Marketing
• Oil and Gas Value Chain (II) • Basic Refining – Types and Complexity • Refinery Utilization and Refining Margins and Costs • Future prospects of Refining • Product Exchange Agreements, Sales, and Marketing of Petroleum Products
Section Three: Oil Market Evolution, Transportation, Distribution and Pricing
• Crude Oil Markets and Fiscal Regimes • Supply and Demand and Economics of Oil and Gas • Petroleum Transportation Logistics and Tankers Chartering • Pipelines and Storage Terminals, Bills of Lading and Letters of Indemnity • Basic Principles in Pricing and Overview of Markets
Section Four: Profitability: Oil Trading and Retailing
• Introductory Concepts in Oil Trading • Essential Elements in Crude Oil Sales Contracts • Downstream Supply Chain management • Total Barrel Economics and Carbon Capture and Storage
Section Five: Risk & Price Management
• The Spot Market • Oil Markets – The Physical Futures or Forward Markets • Limitations of Forwards and Futures Markets • Derivative products: Swaps and Options • Price Exposure, Hedging & Risk Management • Course Evaluation and Close