Today’s multinational, International Oil Companies (IOC’s) and National Oil Companies (NOC’s), both upstream and downstream of the oil and gas supply chain, are facing many challenges from the current economic climate. The recent volatility in crude oil and natural gas prices has prompted companies to reinvent themselves and to abandon the traditional strategic planning exercises. This highly participative seminar is designed to provide a broad understanding of the issues facing the international oil and gas industries and equip the delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively identify and tackle these issues.
• Gain a broad understanding of the petroleum industry and the companies that make up this industry • Learn about the important issues facing our industry and strategies used to address these issues • Gain specific skills in strategic planning, setting goals, budgeting, and finance • Understand the management and allocation of resources (money, time, people, tools, and technology) • Develop an understanding of the derivatives markets and an awareness on hedging risk • Understand and compare international fiscal systems • Learn about the geopolitical issues surrounding global oil and gas supply and transportation • Explain the nature and fundamental of Oil and Gas Projects and Project Management • Discuss contemporary and current Project Management toolkits, processes and techniques • To probe Risk Management practices in Oil and Gas Projects • Explain how to effectively manage stakeholders and communication in a complex Oil and Gas Projects • Evaluate Planning approaches and instruments for Oil and Gas Projects • To assess the commercial viability of Oil and Gas Projects • Develop robust and advanced business case and project plan for Oil and Gas Projects
• Origins and formation of fossil fuels • Chemistry and characteristics of petroleum • Exploration for oil and gas • Oil & gas production • Global oil supply and reserves • Reserves, estimation, and evaluation
Day Two: The Supply Chain
• The Oil and Gas supply chain • Logistics – Transportation and Storage • Adding Value – Refining • Refined product, specifications • Natural Gas processing • Sales and marketing of Refined products and Natural Gas
Day Three: Energy Trading and Economics
• Oil & gas economics • Energy trading and commodities • Crude oil production and lifting costs • Crude Oil pricing regimes and strategies • Trading (I) – Real and liquid markets • Trading (II) – Derivatives, futures, options, and swaps
Day Four: ut The Future of Fossil Fuels
• Petroleum – consumption, supply, and demand • Future prospects for the oil & gas industries • Peak oil – trends and consequences • Financial and energy risk management • Risk management and hedging • Risks for oil and gas companies are of Fossil Fuels • Petroleum – consumption, supply, and demand • Future prospects for the oil & gas industries • Peak oil – trends and consequences • Financial and energy risk management • Risk manage
Day Five: Strategic Analysis for the Oil & Gas Sector
• IOC & NOC strategic interests and competitive advantage • Contracting strategies for the oil and gas industries • Strategic value analysis for competitive advantage • Strategic analysis for the oil & gas sector • Project appraisal from a strategic perspective • Geopolitical risks and opportunities
Day Six: Oil and Gas Projects and Project Management
• Oil and Gas Projects, Seminars and Portfolio • Project Management, Seminar Management, Portfolio Management • Project and Project Management issues and challenges in Oil and Gas Projects • Advanced and contemporary Project Management within Oil and Projects • Project Success from Owner, Contractor and Project team’s perspective • Navigating complexity in Oil and Gas Projects
Day Seven: Project Management Processes within Oil and Gas Environment
• Project Management Body of Knowledge introduction (PMI) • Critical Project Management Processes, tools and techniques in Oil and Gas Projects • Stakeholders Management • Communication Management • Risk and Issues Management • Project Management Office (PMO) within Oil and Gas context
Day Eight: Planning Approaches in Oil and Gas Projects
• Planning principles and fundamentals • Advanced Scheduling instruments and methods • Critical path management • Earned Value management • Advanced Planning methods • Project Control and Monitoring advanced methods
Day Nine: Project Finance and Economics
• Appraising Oil and Gas Project’s commercial viability and readiness level • Capital Budgeting tools, techniques, and instruments • Managing Capital Expenditures and Operating Expenditures • Effective Cash flow management • Oil and Gas Project’s sensitivity analysis • Project selection criteria financial key performance indicators
Day Ten: Business Case for Oil and Gas Projects
• Advanced Business Case structure, format, and key elements • Criteria for an effective and winning Business Case • Business Case development • How to identify gaps and oversights in Business Case for Oil and Gas Projects • Measuring the viability, deliverability and readiness level of the Business Case • Writing a Business Case and considerations
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).