A comprehensive 5-day training course to empower participants with key knowledge on current and emerging telecom technologies to successfully plan, design and manage today’s and tomorrow’s telecom networks.
• Review the fundamental concepts of telecom networks and technologies • Examine current and emerging technologies that are shaping the present and future of telecom networks • Provide a clear understanding and view of the important technological evolutions in telecom networks • Present the all-important network support systems • Explain the key activities and tools of network management
Who Should Attend?
• Telecom managers looking to complement their skill-set by gaining in-depth knowledge of current and future telecom technologies • Telecom personnel in engineering and operations who wish to have a comprehensive view of telecom technologies for competitive advantage
The big picture – Network architectures
• Core versus access • Public versus private networks • Media (copper, fiber, coax, radio waves)
• Transmission • Numbering • Signaling • Digital hierarchies • Circuit switching and Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
Packet switched networks
• Packet switching vs circuit switching • Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) • Ethernet
TCP/IP and the Internet
• OSI 7-layer model • TCP/IP model • IPv4 and IPv6 • Special services supporting IP (DNS, FTP, HTTP/HTML, SMTP, WWW)
Wireless and mobile networks
• Antennas and towers • Satellite communications • Fixed wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, WiMAX) • 3G and 4G mobile • LTE technology and services • Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN): Bluetooth, RFID, NFC • Roaming
Convergence and Next Generation Networks (NGN)
• IP signaling, numbering/addressing, QoS, security • VoIP • Broadband access technologies (xDSL, FTTx) • Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) • Convergence – all services on one network • The Next Generation Network
• Business Support System (BSS) • Operational Support System (OSS)
Network planning, optimization, and management
• Network technology and design • Service definition and forecasting • Data gathering and traffic characterization • Traffic concepts and quality of service • Network deployment and project planning • Network management tools • Network optimization
Recent and emerging technologies
• Cloud / xaaS (“x as a Service”) • Over the Top (OTT) services • Virtualisation • Mobile commerce and money • Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) • Collaboration • Unified Communications (UC) • Geolocation • Triple play / quadruple play • SIP trunking
A glimpse at the future
• Data centers • State-of-the-art security • Software-Defined Networking (SDN) • Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) • Machine-to-Machine (M2M) • Internet of Things (IoT) • 5G
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).