This thought provoking course will give delegates the opportunity to explore and demystify the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma. The course will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding and explanation of the process and will also cover the background of improvement methodologies used in Lean Six Sigma.
• Understand the background and application of Lean Six Sigma • Learn how to apply Six Sigma principles to different business areas • Understand the DMAIC process and how it can improve their business • Gain an overview of why Six Sigma works and the belt system • Understand how to make cost savings through streamlined processes • Gain an understanding of how to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
Who Should Attend?
• Managers and quality professionals • Team leaders, those responsible for evaluating or implementing Lean Six Sigma efforts • Quality Managers • Anyone with an interest in improving organizational performance in a very practical way.
Day One: Six Sigma Overview
• History and Origins • Why Six Sigma? • Cost of Poor Quality • Project Details
Day Two: Define Phase: Tools and Methods
• Charter the Improvement Project • Define the Scope • Six Sigma Project Definition • Project Selection Process • Define the Voice of Customer (VOC) and CTQ • Kano Model Analysis • Team Development Phases • Communication Plan • Project Planning and Management
Day Three: Measure Phase: Introduction and Tools
• Computing DPMO and Sigma • Process Mapping • FMEAs and Cause and Effect • Graphical Analysis • Analysis of Variance and Multi Plot Diagrams • Histograms • Measurement Systems Analysis: Gauge R&R • Sampling Techniques • Introduction to Minitab and QIMacro Software
Day Four: Analyze Phase: Introduction and Tools
• Probability and Basic Statistics • Control Charts and Stability • Data Normality • Process Capability, Cp and CpK • Types of Data
Day Five: Improve and control Phase: Introduction and Tools
• Piloting and Implementation • Introduction to Lean Enterprise • Types of Waste • Lean Tools • 5S Program • Value Stream Mapping • Lean – Kaizen • Statistical Process Control • Standardization and Documentation • Control Plans • Mistake Proofing
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).