Designing process plants is a complex and demanding process. The design of plant layout is one of the most important tasks before plant construction. A good plant layout can not only reduce capitalized a cost but also helps to improve the safety of the plant and reduce its environmental impact. Additionally, fast, uncomplicated and
adequate access to individual items of plant and equipment is essential for effective operation and maintenance which means higher plant availability and longer time between failures. This course will familiarize participants with all aspects of process plant major equipment and piping systems.
• Develop practical working knowledge and skills in process equipment and piping systems layout and design principles, procedures and best practices
• Determine the impact of layout and pipe routings options
• Familiarize yourself with the design and construction codes and standards for piping and process equipment
• Enhance your knowledge in stress analysis and better appreciate its role in avoiding failures
• Learn from catastrophic incidents that resulted from poor layout and design so that you will avoid such incidents
• Design & layout fundamentals
• Process plant design
• Layout design & planning
• Workshops/case studies – catastrophic incidents caused by poor layout
• Process equipment – sizing & design methodologies & considerations
• The basic design of piping systems
• Layout & design requirements of piping systems
• Piping thermal expansion & flexibility
• Introduction to pipe stress analysis & demonstration of the software application
• Equipment piping layout considerations & best practices
Who Should Attend?
Engineers & Designers involved in Plant Design Activities • Project Engineers
Process Engineers • Piping Fabricators • Contractors & Suppliers • Piping Design & Analysis Personnel • Recent Engineering Graduates in all disciplines
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).