A 5-day Training Program to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the resource-based theory as well as tools, techniques, and strategies for effective Information Technology resource management.
• Provide an understanding of the resource-based theory and its application in Information technology (IT) resource management to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage • Define the types of informational resources of an organization • Present the key IT resource management methods • Introduce the four facets of Venkataraman for adding value through the use of IT resource management • Present methods to develop strategic and managerial capabilities in IT resource management
Who Should Attend?
• Managers and personnel responsible for information systems, Information Technology, and strategic planning • Managers looking to complement their skill-set by gaining a good understanding of the resource-based theory and its application in IT resource management
Information Technology (IT) as a strategic resource
• The resource-based theory • Application of the resource-based theory in IT and in an organizational context
Informational resources of an organization
• Data, information, and knowledge • Information Technology • Methods for organizing personnel involved with the management of IT, data,
information and knowledge
• Facilities linked to the management of data, information, and knowledge
Adding value to IT resource management: the four facets of Venkataraman
• IT as a cost center (efficiency/cost) • IT as a service center (competitive advantage) • IT as an investment center (new business opportunities) • IT as a profit center (commercial development)
The sustainable competitive advantage using IT
• Five IT resources • Development of organizational capabilities in IT
Development of organizational capabilities specific to IT and knowledge management
• Maturity model • Organizational and technological infrastructures • IT and knowledge management processes • Competencies in IT and knowledge management
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).