* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
Cloud computing and virtualization are often presented as ways to optimize computing, IT resources. How is this done? Participants in this 5-day course will obtain a general understanding of the key concepts, technologies, features and tools of cloud computing and virtualization, and of the associated issues and benefits for enterprises and organizations.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Gain an overview of cloud computing and virtualization • Learn about the underlying technologies of cloud computing and virtualization • Understand the potential issues and benefits of these technologies and services to enterprises and organizations
Who Should Attend?
• IT managers seeking to exploit the benefits of cloud computing and virtualization technologies • Professionals who need an understanding of cloud computing and virtualization and how these technologies work
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Part 1 – Cloud computing
Introduction to cloud computing
• Definition • Components of the cloud • Types and architectures of clouds • Services delivered from the cloud • Vendor cloud products
Adopting the cloud
• Drivers • Issues and barriers
Software as a Service (SaaS)
• Characteristics • Services • Technologies Platform as a Service (PaaS) • Technical components • Vendor platforms • Cloud storage
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Technologies • Access
Migrating to the cloud
• Business case • Business continuity management • Technical considerations
Part 2 – Virtualization
Virtualization – a key enabling technology for cloud computing introduction to virtualization
• History • Definition • Concepts
Demonstration of virtualization
• Creating a virtual machine
Uses of virtualization
• Current and future uses • Main functionalities • Issues with virtualization • Key benefits