A 10-day Training Program to provide participants with the tools and techniques necessary to provide human resources leadership and support services in line with today’s competitive and liberalizing environment. The program provides a practical understanding of the key concepts, activities, issues, and trends in Human Resources Management (HRM).
• Provide an understanding of current issues and trends in human resources management • Explain how to successfully operate as a human resources business partner in a telecommunications environment
Who Should Attend?
• Telecommunications managers and personnel responsible for human resources • Managers looking to complement their skill-set by gaining a good understanding of human resources management and of how to engage employees in the delivery of business objectives
Course content Day One:
The strategic role of Human Resources Management (HRM)
HRM and technology
• Running case: introduction • Workshop: participants presentation and Organizational Development (OD) practices • Experiential exercises: HRM key challenges Day Two:
Designing and analyzing jobs
Human Resources planning
• Running case: job analysis • Workshop: organization presentation • Experiential exercises: organization chart and job description Day Three:
• Running case: interviewing/staffing • Workshop: staffing process • Experiential exercises: references and offer letter Day Four:
Orientation and training
• Running case: Training & Development (T&D) and orientation • Workshop: T&D approaches • Experiential exercises: training and succession plan Day Five:
Performance appraisal: the key to effective performance management
The changing legal emphasis: from compliance to valuing diversity
• Running case: discrimination • Workshop: performance evaluation process • Experiential exercises: performance rating Day Six:
Establishing strategic pay plans
Pay-for-performance and financial incentives
• Running case: pay plan • Workshop: compensation best practices • Experiential exercises: salary survey and recognition Day Seven:
Employee benefits and services
Occupational health and safety
• Running case: benefit plan; Health & Safety (H&S) • Workshop: health-care cost control plan; H&S hazards • Experiential exercises: available perks Day Eight:
Fair treatment: the foundation of effective employee relations
The dynamics of labor relations
• Running case: fair treatment; union • Workshop: reasons for dismissal; non-union relationships • Experiential exercises: work violence; employee relations Day Nine:
Managing Human Resources in a global business
• Running case: going abroad • Workshop: Best HRM practices • Experiential exercises: selection and expatriate pay Day Ten:
Review of key concepts
• Workshop: HRM review
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).