* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
The development, execution, and assessment of a Manpower Planning Strategy have been proven to have a direct correlation with the long-term ‘health’ of businesses to continue to grow and compete globally. This program will consider how to maximize the use of resources in order to develop the right people at the right time for the future demands of the organization.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Consider a number of strategic models for the successful delivery of manpower planning • Master and be able to use methods to explore predictive trends and data • Be able to use data to develop potential outcomes and calculate monetary implications • Re-energize interviewing techniques, appraisal processes and manpower planning systems • Create a methodology to present business information effectively • Be aware of both organizational and individual measurement tools and the links between the two • Develop individual business techniques in order to execute the manpower planning process • Assess a number of clearly worked examples from the world of international business for your reference and use back at work • Plan and implement action plans for yourself and individuals/managers involved in the manpower planning process
Who Should Attend?
• Manpower Planning Professionals • HR Personnel & Strategic Planners • Human Resource Professionals who’s accountabilities include Manpower Planning • Succession/Emergency Planners • Those who are new to Succession Planning and improving resource management • Individuals who have recently experienced the challenges of manpower planning and/or creating the business strategy • Consultants who operate business planning functions • Facilitators who wish to learn more about the development of manpower planning strategies
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
• The importance of a strategic approach to manpower planning • HR models and how to support potential future organizational requirements and structure • The growing business importance of HR manpower planning (HRMP) • The pace of change, shaping organizations, work requirements – the effects on today’s organization • Trends – expanding, reducing and right-sizing; what’s appropriate – use of decision-making tools and worked examples • The four main areas of manpower planning – Strategic focus, Data/analysis, manpower planning and people development including case studies
Section Two: MANPOWER PLANNING AND DELIVERY; STRATEGIC FOCUS
• The new HR strategic map explained • How to develop and execute a strategic model – exercise and case study • Measuring organizational health including maturity, a trigger for manpower planning activities – case study and exercise • Converting vision and strategy into workable plans, the collection, and analysis of business challenges to trigger appropriate action – including exercise • Processes for delivering on time and creation of budgets
Section Three: MANPOWER PLANNING APPROACH; FORECASTING AND TREND ANALYSIS
• Monitoring and updating strategic trends – case study and exercise • Use of predictive software to support the supply of talented manpower • How to measure relationships and understand results – exercises • The strategy of using unit costs approach to create a winning solution • Individual performance measurement, exactly how and why competencies are structured the way they are • Managing expectations and individual’s needs by using objective data from current performance • Measuring and forecasting individuals future performance using behavioral techniques
Section Four: MANPOWER SUPPLY – BUSINESS PLANNING, ASSESSMENT TOOLS, AND TECHNIQUES
• Selecting the “right” principal for manpower supply • Consider three approaches to satisfy short and longer-term succession planning requirements • The use of pre-selection techniques for key posts – the role of psychometric testing, emotional intelligence and assessment centers, agreements and individual visual development maps • Business reviews – why manpower planning should a regular topic for discussion, and where it has an impact – case study
Section Five: DELIVERING THE MANPOWER PLANNING PROCESS, AND MAXIMISING RETURNS
• Why performance appraisals used in isolation do not work when selecting individuals into development or talent pools • Understand the value of manpower planning, and importance of staff satisfaction • Reacting to requirements and situations, talent pools, individual selection and headhunting • Working within the agreement by the individual and the business in order to achieve the business goals • How the whole manpower planning process should ‘fit’ together