Most organizations would place the management and motivation of their people as their major priority. The training course is designed to show how to get the best out of the human resource.
• To develop an understanding human resources development and personnel management practices • To develop an awareness the advantages of effective human resource management • To develop awareness of key HR and HRD strategies for improving organizational success • To understand the application of strategic human resources development and personnel management practices in the workplace • To effectively apply appropriate practices to specific workplace situations
Who Should Attend?
• HR practitioners and line-professionals with development or personnel responsibilities • People in HR, Personnel or Training and Development role • Professionals with an interest in people management and development would also benefit
Day One: Introduction to HRM, HRD, and HRP
• Seminar introduction and objectives • The context for HR • Change management • Human Resource Management V Personnel Management • Human Resource Development (HRD) • Human Resource Planning (HRP) • Strategic HRM – the new HR Strategic Model • Outsourcing
Day Two: Resourcing & Recruitment
• The employment psychological contract • Why do good people leave? • The process approach to interviewing • Induction, job descriptions, and references • Personality Questionnaires and forms of testing • Methods of detecting when applicants don’t tell the truth • The new recruitment process to avoid litigation • The value of using assessment centers
Day Three: Pay & Employee Rewards
• Employee motivation • Salary, bonuses & benefits • Understanding competencies • Competency-based Assessment • Competency and performance-based pay • Different structures – different pay and rewards • Total pay concept • Salary surveys
Day Four: Training Learning & Development
• Career management • Personal development • Coaching • Mentoring • E-learning • How flat organizational structures and empowered teams affect training and development • Self Development • 360-degree feedback as a development tool
Day Five: Value for money from HR
• The new HR structure • New roles within HR • HR Business Partners • Value of trend analysis and HRP • Internal and External Frameworks • Proving ROI on HR activities • Review
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).