A 5-day Training Program to provide participants with the fundamental principles of finance in a telecommunications environment.
• Present the importance of finance and an introduction to key accounting and financial matters • Provide a sound understanding of financial statements and some tools used to interpret those statements to understand the financial status of a company • Explore the basic concepts of costing to evaluate the cost of business activities • Learn how to analyze business investments and projects • Give guidelines to communicate effectively with key financial decision-makers
Who Should Attend?
• Finance and accounting professionals
• Telecommunications managers and executives looking to complement their skill-set by gaining a good understanding of management accounting
Introduction to accounting and financial matters
• The importance of finance • Financial accounting vs. management accounting • Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) • Accountability and responsibility for financial information
Basic principles of accounting
• Use of financial statements • Financial statements • Financial statement build-up exercise • Financial ratios
Network overview: What to cost
• Network generalities • The evolution of wireless networks • 2G networks • 2.5G networks • 3G networks • Incumbent operator versus new operators
Costs, accounting, and activity-based cost evaluations
• Types of costs • Revenue recognition and cost allocation • Role of management accounting • Activity-Based Costing (ABC) • Costing in telecommunications o The top-down approach o The bottom-up approach
Analyzing business investments
• Investment analysis • Cost of capital and hurdle rate • Analysis methods and tools • Communicating with financial decision-makers
Planning, budgets and performance measures
• Planning process overview • Business plans, what ifs and strategy • Balanced Scorecards and KPIs • Budgets and control • Variance analysis • Measurement and continuous improvements
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).