Participants in this training course learn the specialized skills to manage and deliver a quality construction project in a timely and cost-effective manner. Whether changing careers or currently active in the industry, this professional training course provides practical management approaches to support the successful execution of projects and advancement in the field.
• To learn construction management concepts and techniques required for managing large and complex construction projects • To discuss the complex technical and managerial challenges in managing construction projects • To effectively addresses these challenges • To be acquainted with the role of project management methods in enhancing and optimizing construction projects • To envision the overall working process, and be able to predict the future
Who Should Attend?
• Managers • Project Administrators • Engineers • Superintendents • Cost Estimators • Anyone interested in developing their performance in construction management
• Overview of project management • Project life cycle • Characteristics of construction projects • Developing knowledge of the construction site • familiarizing yourself with different types of equipment, materials, subcontractors, and possibly locations
• Selecting a contractor • The role of a contractor • The bidding process • Public safety • Time management
• Cost management • Quality management • Decision making • Working drawings • Knowledge of human resources • Project roles and organization structure
• Project management process and knowledge areas • Project Procurement & Contracting • Project stakeholders • Standard-form contracts • Contract terms • Contract administration issues (change orders. change directives, etc.)