This intensive five-day course is designed to enable participants to approach compliance and business ethics from an applied perspective focusing on the conceptual frameworks, processes, risks, issues and challenges decision makers face in the real world of business, using actual case studies involving internationally known companies and brands. It addresses the complex environment of ethical decision-making while acknowledging that every organization has its own set of values, rules, relationships and ethical culture, often operating in a challenging competitive sector.
• Meet the challenge of modern ethical decision making in business • Recognise and identify the range of emerging business ethical issues • Understand and solve the dilemmas ethical and compliance issues raised by individuals and corporate institutions • Install an ethical cultural awareness and drive an effective compliance programme representing the company’s moral philosophy and core values in all stakeholder relationships • Create strategies to enforce fiscal, moral and social responsibility in a competitive market • Apply the latest international thinking on sustainability issues and environmental responsibility
Who Should Attend?
• Compliance officers • Contract Administrators, Contract Professionals, and Project Coordinators • Buyers, Purchasing Professionals, and Procurement Officers • Senior Engineers or contracts operatives • Those who are interested in the field
Day One: Understanding the Regulatory Environment and Compliance Issues
• What is regulation and what is it designed to achieve? • Approaches to, and models of, regulation • International legislation and best practice developments • The role of the Compliance – key activities and processes • Managing risk in Key Compliance Areas – Financial crime prevention and Market abuse • Case studies
Day Two: The Importance of Business Ethics
• Benefits of Business Ethics • Stakeholder Relationships and Social Responsibility • Emerging Business Ethics Issues • Recognising Ethical Issues • Dilemmas for Business • Case studies
Day Three: The Institutionalisation of Business Ethics
• Mandatory and Voluntary Requirements • Ethical Decision Making • Business Opportunity, Evaluations, and Intentions • Corporate Moral Philosophies and Values • Whistle-blowing • Opportunity and Conflict • Case studies
Day Four: Developing an Effective Ethics Programs in a Global Economy
• Codes of Ethics and Ethics Programmes • Responsibility and Communication • Systems to Monitor and Enforce Ethical Standards • Implementation and Auditing Ethics Programs • Business Ethics in a Global Economy • Economic Foundations of Business Ethics • Case Studies
Day Five: Ethical Leadership and Sustainability
• Requirements for Ethical Leadership • Managing Ethical Conflict • Leader-Follower Relationships • Sustainability and Ethical Decision Making • Strategic Implementation of Environmental Responsibility • Case Studies
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).