Competency-based management is an approach to human resource management that integrates and examines all human resource management activities against competencies. Competencies describe a range of activities undertaken to achieve successful job performance. Competency models answer the following questions about jobs: what skills, knowledge, and characteristics are required to perform the job? What behaviors have the most direct impact on job performance and job success?
• Manage the distinction between competencies, skills, and tasks • Use competencies in public and private organizations • Differentiate between Leadership, Technical and Behavioural competencies • Link competencies to organizational objectives and values • Use competencies for a range of HR processes
Who Should Attend?
• Those who want to learn the skills involved in improving relations at work, improving productivity or improving behavior at work • Those who are responsible for managing or supervising any type of person, group or team • HR and Employee Relations professionals who are responsible for the design and delivery of competency-based HR programmes
Day One: The Links between HR and Competencies
• What support should managers, team leaders, and supervisors get from HR? • Values, Strategy, and HR • Different methods of developing a competency • An HR Management Framework Based on Competencies • Technical, Behavioural and Leadership Competencies
Day Two: Competencies and Recruitment
• Competency design – definitions, negative indicators, positive indicators • Recruitment and Selection • Adapting a competency framework for use in recruitment • The use of assessment centers in recruitment • Induction, orientation, and personal development
Day Three: Performance Management
• Using competencies in performance management • The stages of performance management: agreeing objectives, giving feedback, coaching, appraisal • Termly reviews of performance • Links to pay scheme • Introducing a performance management process
Day Four: Talent Management
• Talent Strategy and Planning • Developing and Deploying Talent • Retaining Talent • Acquiring Talent • Succession Planning
Day Five: Shaping Behaviour and Managing Culture
• Motivation • Extrinsic and Intrinsic Reward • Empowerment and Accountability • Self Assessment • 360° degree feedback
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).