* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
This course is intended to give the basics understanding of structural engineering theories, design rationale, and step by step procedures that will assist to understand and solve building structural problems. This course will be considered as an introduction to the structural design of steel and concrete structures; the attendee will have an understanding of how those structures resist all loadings. You will be familiar with the design and codes used to design buildings. For the structural engineer, this course will be a refresher on the basis of structural engineering and design.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Have an overview of the basic design and structure principles • Learn the most commonly used formulas • Understand the core design philosophies • Gain insight into the building codes governing the structural design
Who Should Attend?
• Project Managers • Construction Supervisors • Municipal Officials • Insurance Surveyors • Building Maintenance Personnel
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
• Role of a structural engineer • Overview of algebra and trigonometry • Analysis of member forces and deflections • Design of beam and column framing systems • Equilibrium of bodies
• Trusses and frames • Building codes governing the structural design • Requirements for gravity, wind and earthquake loads • Use computers for structural design
• Structural systems • Analysis of statically determinate structures • Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) structures • Design of steel structures
• Design of masonry structures • Design of timber structural members • Stress functions such as tension, compression, shear, and bending • Combined stresses
• Design of wooden structures • Analysis of statically indeterminate structures • Principles of the strength of materials • Analysis the deformation of members under loading • Predict the behavior of structural members under loading