A 5-day training course to equip participants with the key concepts of planning and budgeting in telecommunications.
• Provide participants with the guiding principles of planning and budgeting • Explain the planning process • Present the different components of a budget • Explain how to identify and work with the key stakeholders involved in budgeting • Demonstrate an understanding of the policy as it relates to planning and budgeting • Equip participants with the knowledge to use planning and budgeting tools such as business plans, KPIs, etc. • Present the key concepts of performance management • Demonstrate the importance of resource management and provide strategies for efficiently managing resources • Provide participants with an understanding of business risk management in relation to planning and budgeting
Who Should Attend?
• Finance and accounting professionals
•Telecommunications professionals looking to complement their skill-set by gaining an understanding of key concepts in planning and budgeting. • Telecommunications professionals involved in planning and/or budgeting and looking to gain additional knowledge in these areas.
Planning & budgeting
• Basic guiding principles • Importance
The planning process
Budgets and budgeting
• What is a budget? • Why do a budget? • Components of budgeting • Main characteristics of budgets • Input sources • Budget vs. forecast and variance analysis • Types of budgets o Line-item or incremental o Formula-funding o Program budget o Zero-based budget o Activity-based budget o Rolling forecast • Latest trends in budgeting
Planning & budgeting tools
• Business plans • KPIs, dashboards, and scorecards • Challenges
• Who should be involved? • Sharing of responsibilities
Compiling a budget
• Guidelines • Components • Analysis of strengths and weaknesses
Policy related to planning and budgeting
• Description • Interpretation • Definition of appropriate measures
• Definition and importance • Types of performance • Measurement tools • Budget and performance • Efficient control and management • Optimization of performance