This highly interactive and fun training course enables you to examine today’s communications environment looking afresh at how we establish and defend our reputation, help deliver business goals and influence government, critics and consumers. In a time of rapid technological and social change any organization must continually appraise the changing needs of its stakeholders, the shifting priorities in its environment and the tactics that it uses to influence key stakeholders.
• Develop increased skill in writing and editing for print and the web • Learn how to write a clear PR/Communications brief • Learn how to develop an electronic PR/Communications Centre • Develop crisis media management techniques • Perfect media interview techniques and briefing skills • Develop personal communications effectiveness
Who Should Attend?
• PR and Communications practitioners who want to update their skills • HR professionals who have communications roles • Managers who want to add high-level communications skills to their personal portfolios
Day One: The Complete PR and Communications Professional
• Introduction and welcome • Goal setting for the seminar • The role of Communications and PR in the organization • Identifying what top management wants • Assessing your PR environment • Understanding the range of media and channels
Day Two: A Problem Solving Approach
• Exploring communications models and their implications for practice • The psychology of effective communication • A problem-solving approach to PR • Taking and interpreting communication briefs • The art of influence and persuasion • Listening and emotional intelligence
Day Three: Getting Your Message Heard
• Choosing channels – matching media to tasks and stakeholders • Planning brilliant campaigns • Project management • Risk management • Time management • Delivering business results demonstrated by evaluation
Day Four: Keep it Social
• The changed world of relationships in the age of social media networks • Improving the power of communications in the organization • Measuring communications effectiveness • Using measurement to improve performance • Crisis communication • Reputational and e-reputation management
Day Five: Putting it all together
• Planning your career and personal development • Managing up and increasing your personal visibility • Networking and effectiveness • Team working and your personal effectiveness • Time management and work planning • Summary and Conclusion
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).