This training course provides advanced knowledge in project strategy and of all the essential developmental stages of a project. As well as running the project, this programme builds on essential leadership skills which will enable delegates to successfully manage and motivate their project teams and establish systems to monitor and evaluate projects.
• Explore the role and function of strategic project management • Recognise what is entailed in the planning and scope of the project • Recognise the challenges in building, managing and motivating the project team as well as the skills needed to lead a team. • Understand how to effectively manage risk in projects • Utilise project management tools and techniques • Recognise how and why projects fail and the lessons learned from the business world
Who Should Attend?
• Managers • Executives • Project managers and project directors, project team members wishing to move into project management roles, project planners and technical and engineering staff wishing to develop skills in managing project. • Operational staff with a basic understanding of project management tools and techniques
Day One: Project Initiation and Execution
• Preparing to start the project • Getting work done • Capturing progress and status • Forecasting future work
Day Two: Building successful project teams
• Leading a successful project • Communication and group decision making • Cross-functional teams • Roles within a team • Team motivation
Day Three: Project Variance and Control
• Performance metrics • Understanding what causes variance • Taking corrective action to overcome variance • Managing change, quality, and risk
Day Four: Project Budgeting
• Budgeting in project management • Cost estimating • Cost budgeting (Direct and Indirect costing) • Project schedule and cost baselines • Personnel budgeting
Day Five: Risk Monitoring and Control
• Assessing project risks • Developing strategies to mitigate risk
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).