Changing business environments more than ever demand creative solutions from International HR departments to ensure the strategic harmony within the business is maintained. HR should be seen as having an important role to play rather than just an overhead cost. The challenge for how HR contributes to the business will demand a major rethink by the HR managers and staff and then equally as important how to measure that contribution.
• Develop your understanding of HR Strategic Thinking and it’s placed in business: • Experience new HR framework and understand the resulting organization structural changes needed o Assessing the existing position and develop future strategies including a case study o Understand and use strategic models and implementation processes to deliver future based results o Understand and be able to deliver corporate seminars to initiate organizational cultural changes o Explore new motivational model(s) to re-energizing the organization o Develop existing appraisal systems to produce measurable improvements in performance and competency performance- case study o Understand and be able to use your own creativity to improve HR performance o New approaches to pay and benefits Explore knowledge management and the expanding role of emotional intelligence in tomorrow’s organization Creating added value to satisfy business key performance indicators
Who Should Attend?
• Human Resource staff who wish to consider future HR delivery • Managers who have an interest in performance improvement through people development • Managers who want to understand the value-adding processes HR can offer in supporting the organization • Line Managers wishing to explore options in the introduction of new pay and benefits system can change productivity • Employees wishing to pursue a senior career in Human Resources
Day One: Business expectations and the demands placed on Human Resources
• Introductions • Global Change • Impact of technology on future businesses – a case study • Need to change organizational structures- exert from TV seminar • How changing internal and external customer needs will affect all current HR concepts • Where are you now? The HR change model – questionnaire and discussion • Day one review
Day Two: How strategy works – the models and implementation
• Strategic models – how they work – case studies • Mission statements, measurement tools, and monitoring progress • Strategic models for use within the organization, and measurement • Creativity and innovation – their role in strategic thinking, including exercises • End of day review
Day Three: Translating strategy into action and examining changes in corporate culture
• How strategy is translated into business plans • The use of modeling to produce plans that can be measured • Creating HR quality plans –how to do it –practical exercises • Delivering measurable HR business benefits • Fail to \Plan – Plan to Fail • End of day review
• Manufacturing vs non-manufacturing costs • Variable vs. Fixed costs (CVP analysis) • Direct vs. indirect cost • Under-costing and Over-costing problems • Problems and ExVariable vs. Fixed costs (CVP analysisDirect vs. indirect cost • Under-costing and Over-costin
• Cost allocation: traditional costing and activity-based costing (ABC) • From traditional budgeting to Activity-based budgeting (ABB) • Activity-based management • Decentralized organizations • Cost/Profit/Investment centers Transfer-pricing issues Problems and Examples – Case study illustration
Day Four: Significant changes in how International HR will function in the future
• Process re-engineering HR activities • The three-tier model for HR –benefits to the business • Managing and developing Human Capital • Developing, measuring and employing competencies in Performance management • Use of Corporate culture –how to develop a corporate culture template –practical case study and exercise • The changing function of recruitment, psychometric testing and Personality questionnaires • End of day review
Day Five: Significant HR actions that can help improve the efficiency of the organization
• Understanding rightsizing the organization – an ongoing process • How pay and conditions can dramatically improve productivity – at no extra cost to the organization • A new look at performance appraisal- ensuring year on year improvements incompetency and performance • How motivation can change measurable results • Corporate communications- a new role for HR? • Managing trends; knowledge management, home working, predictive forecasting • Developing a personal action plan.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).