* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
A 5-day Training Program to provide participants with the fundamental principles of finance in a telecommunications environment.
What Do Participants Learn?
• Present the importance of finance and an introduction to key accounting and financial matters • Provide a sound understanding of financial statements and some tools used to interpret those statements to understand the financial status of a company • Explore the basic concepts of cost to evaluate the cost of business activities • Learn how to analyze business investments and projects • Give guidelines to communicate effectively with key financial decision-makers
Who Should Attend?
•Managers • Finance and accounting professionals • Telecommunications managers and executives looking to complement their skill-set by gaining a good understanding of management accounting
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Introduction to accounting and financial matters
• The importance of finance • Financial accounting vs. management accounting • Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) • Accountability and responsibility for financial information
Basic principles of accounting
• Use of financial statements • Financial statements • Financial statement build-up exercise • Financial ratios
Network overview: What to cost
• Network generalities • The evolution of wireless networks • 2G networks • 2.5G networks • 3G networks • Incumbent operator versus new operators
Costs, accounting, and activity-based cost evaluations
• Types of costs • Revenue recognition and cost allocation • Role of management accounting • Activity-Based Costing (ABC) • Costing in telecommunications o The top-down approach o The bottom-up approach
Analyzing business investments
• Investment analysis • Cost of capital and hurdle rate • Analysis methods and tools • Communicating with financial decision-makers
Planning, budgets and performance measures
• Planning process overview • Business plans, what ifs and strategy • Balanced Scorecards and KPIs • Budgets and control • Variance analysis • Measurement and continuous improvements