* All fees are exclusive of vat ** PREMIUM - Customize your learning experience
A 5-day training course to equip participants with the key concepts of planning and budgeting in telecommunications.
What Do Participants Learn?
Provide participants with the guiding principles of planning and budgeting • Explain the planning process • Present the different components of a budget • Explain how to identify and work with the key stakeholders involved in budgeting • Demonstrate an understanding of the policy as it relates to planning and budgeting • Equip participants with the knowledge to use planning and budgeting tools such as business plans, KPIs, etc. • Present the key concepts of performance management • Demonstrate the importance of resource management and provide strategies for efficiently managing resources • Provide participants with an understanding of business risk management in relation to planning and budgeting
Who Should Attend?
•Managers • Finance and accounting professionals •Telecommunications professionals looking to complement their skill-set by gaining an understanding of key concepts in planning and budgeting. • Telecommunications professionals involved in planning and/or budgeting and looking to gain additional knowledge in these areas.
What Will the Learning Experience Include?
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
Web-based information forms & surveys completed by attendee.
Direct consultation with the attendee about the expectations.
During the training, participants engage in data, activities, and conversations that lead to insight and knowledge.
Participants learn from expert trainers who have both academic and business experiences.
Highly applicable training content & instructive activities for adding depth to training topics.
**A half-day site visit for integrating the experience & plan next steps. Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
Explore & Practice
Apply & sustain the learning experience by using this ongoing support:
To ensure participant has new skills or behavior progress.
Optional, fee-based mentoring & coaching with the trainer.
Training materials & additional documents (e-books, pdf files, presentations and articles)
Evaluate your training experience by giving us feedbacks and help us to reach our organizational goals.
Planning & budgeting
• Basic guiding principles • Importance
The planning process
Budgets and budgeting
• What is the budget? • Why do a budget? • Components of budgeting • Main characteristics of budgets • Input sources • Budget vs. forecast and variance analysis • Types of budgets o Line-item or incremental o Formula-funding o Program budget o Zero-based budget o Activity-based budget o Rolling forecast • Latest trends in budgeting
Planning & budgeting tools
• Business plans • KPIs, dashboards, and scorecards • Challenges
• Who should be involved? • Sharing of responsibilities
Compiling a budget
• Guidelines • Components • Analysis of strengths and weaknesses
Policy related to planning and budgeting
• Description • Interpretation • Definition of appropriate measures
• Definition and importance • Types of performance • Measurement tools • Budget and performance • Efficient control and management • Optimization of performance